December 17, 2011

i wear pants...

...if i didn't i'd be a fool!


on a recent shopping trip
i spotted these beauties
i didn't purchase them straight away
because, come on, gold pants...?!
they're not the easiest piece to pull off
but i had them on my mind, and realized i sort of needed them in my life
so i returned to JCPENNY to claim them as my own
Photobucket
well, sad story:
they didn't have my size {although one might be impressed how i squeezed myself into them}
not to mention, they were kinda pricey...for me that is
{i have a hard time spending more than $25 on any item of clothing}

naturally, i decided to take matters into my own hands
enter DYI:goldie-gold pants

null


Photobucket
i wasn't happy with the outcome of the spray paint alone
to me, the jeans looked more dirty than golden-delicious

null

good thing i had a back up plan...

Photobucket


Photobucket

null
key aspects of this DYI that need to be noted:
#1 after letting jeans air dry i placed them in the dryer to heat set
#2 they were very difficult to get on the first time {the paint caused them to shrink a bit, not to mention becoming crispy}
#3 this bottom pic was taken after 5 times in the washer and dryer so the paint really does hold fast

good luck fearless warriors!

*yes, this is me in the music section of the walmart...i was dangerously close to becoming the proud owner of some latino music...word!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
....................................................BACK TO TOP